Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness

Prior to March 23, I - like the rest of the nation - was avidly following the Men's NCAA basketball tournament. And like the rest of the nation, there may have been a few times while at my desk when I quickly glanced at my bracket to see how my picks were doing (I know I'm not alone in here people. You know who you are!). Then we had a kid, our world was turned upside down, and March Madness for us has taken on a whole new meaning. With this in mind, let me share with you the LWL Blog's  new take on some old terms:
  • The Big Dance - rocking back and forth with my wife in the delivery room to help with induction
  • The Sweet Sixteen - the 16 minutes of sleep we got last night
  • The Elite Eight - the 8 times Livi got fed in the past 24 hours
  • The Final Four - the last 4 diapers we have left in our house
After all the drama from from tournament fever, there is always just one first place finisher. However, here at LWL we've been lucky over the past few days to have a bunch of firsts. For example:

Livi's first cruise through the park...

Mom and Livi and our Snap-N-Go in nearby Mosswood Park (note the red racing stripe. The coolest ride in town!)
Livi's first manicure...
"Can you make it snappy? It's almost meal time."
Livi's first attempt at doing The Wave...
This move goes by other names too: The Hold Up, The Raise The Roof, The Look Mom I Can Lift My Arms... to name a few.

Tomorrow it's off to the doctor for a check up, and I'm sure a whole other set of firsts (for both Livi and her parents :)

Ok, off to check my bracket. Go UCONN!

No comments:

Post a Comment